First year, second year or final year/postgraduate - whichever kind of student you are, BU you can offer you one of the most wide ranging and comprehensive placements and careers services available.
A degree is no longer a guarantee of a job.
In an increasingly competitive market, you need to stand out from the crowd and at BU we can help equip you with the necessary skills and experience to help you do that.
We can help with job hunting strategies and get you work placements. We will do all we can during your time here at BU to give you that competitive edge when you eventually go for that dream job.
Here are just some of the key services we offer to give you that edge:
Online Job Vacancy System – Careerhub
- Access 100s of part time, vacation, placement and graduate opportunities.
Access vacancies here.
CV & Careers Appointments
- Access to one-to-one appointments with a professionally qualified careers advisor to discuss your CV and career planning options including:-
- if you are unsure of what to do next or where your degree could take you
- formulating job hunting strategies for getting a graduate job
- practice mock interviews and assessment centres
- marketing yourself to employers through your CV and Covering Letter
- postgraduate study options both in the UK & Abroad
- working abroad
- self-employment options
- accessing job opportunities if you have a disability or are an International student
- if you are considering changing or leaving your course.
Available to book on Careerhub here.
On Campus Employer Presentations & Skills Workshops
- Opportunities to attend on campus employer presentations and skills workshops to find out about placement and graduate opportunities and to brush up on your job application skills. Annual Careers & Placements fair held every October on campus.
Advertised on careerhub here.
Comprehensive range of Print & Online Careers, Job Hunting & Application Resources
To help save you time randomly googling for jobs and careers information and being unsure of the quality of the resources you are finding, the BU Placements and Careers Service provides a comprehensive collection of quality resources to help you with your career planning needs. The resources aim to provide useful information and guidance for a range of careers topics as well as to help you to identify potential opportunities which will enhance your overall employability.
The range of careers topics that the resources support include:
- Finding part time and seasonal work, work experience, placement and graduate job vacancies
- The job application process - CVs, covering letters, application forms
- The job application process - interviews, psychometric tests, assessment centres
- Sector specific careers and job opportunities
- Choosing a career/deciding what to do after university
- Researching employers and job opportunities
- Funding options
- Salaries and earnings
- Diversity related job hunting
- Working and studying abroad
- Postgraduate study
- MyResources section in MyCareerhub.
How to access the Placements & Careers Service
- online at MyCareerHub
- in person at the the Edge Student Development Centre (outside the library entrance) on Talbot Campus
- by email
- by telephone at 01202 961663.
Support after graduation
Did you know that you can access Placements & Careers for up to three years from graduating? You can make appointments to speak to a careers advisor about your options/CV and attend on campus events as often as you like!
Access MyCareerHub here!
Latest recruitment news & opportunities
Placement, Employer and Graduate Testimonials
See our mission statement