Bournemouth University offers a comprehensive counselling service dedicated to helping you with most problems you may have.
If you feel there is nowhere else to turn, our specially trained team of counsellors will be there for you.
The main features of our service include:
- This is a free service and sessions are offered by appointment
- The team consists of six counsellors and a clinical psychologist, working mainly during normal office hours Monday to Friday
- We have experience in helping people through a variety of problems; from exam anxiety to bereavement, vague worries and unhappiness, to problematic eating habits and drug problems
- As well as individual counselling, we also run groups focusing on particular issues
- Counsellors are also happy to talk to you if you are distressed by, or worried about, friends, flatmates or family
- Students who have used the counselling have been helped with a vast range of difficulties and distressing experiences.
Under current funding arrangements, students attending Partner Colleges (including those on BU programmes) are not eligible to use the service. Arrangements are in place for counselling to be provided by the Partner Colleges.
If you need to talk to someone about your issues, contact us.
Student Counselling Service
Student Centre, Talbot House
Tel: +44 (0) 1202 965020 (voicemail out of hours/vacations)
Evening and vacation opening by appointment.