Make sure you look after your smart card or ID card.
The smart card is specific to BU and contains key information about you that is utilised by a number of systems around BU.
If you fall into one of the following categories you will be issued with a paper style ID card that is valid for only a single academic year of study instead of the smart card.
- You are studying at a Partner College which is not participating in the SMART card scheme
- You are on a Distance Learning programme
- You are on a Post Registration Nursing programme.
If you lose your ID card you must
- Complete an application form for the replacement of the card
- Pay the appropriate administrative fee to a cashier (Poole House, Talbot Campus) or to askBU in the Library (Lansdowne and Talbot Campuses), and ensure you receive a receipt.
- Hand in the completed form and receipt to askBU
- The ID card will be then be prepared for you and should be ready to collect in around two-three working days.
Smart card deposit refund
If you paid a deposit for your smart card and withdraw from BU prior to the end of your programme or you have completed your programme, you must return your card to BU.
Refunds will be made by cheque (payable in your name) within 20 working days of receipt of the fully completed form and your Smart Card. Please note that the deadline for claiming a refund is three months from the last day of term/date of withdrawal or your last formal day of attendance, whichever is latest. No refunds will be made after this date.
Download the form